Glossary of Alecia Chapter 5
Other Decks By This User
- to evaluate someone or something such as a potential employer
- unions of craftsmen
- a face-to-face meeting between a job seekerand a potential employer
- job interview
- a certified, experienced, skilled craftsperson who has successfully completed an apprenticeship.
- journey worker
- pleasant or aggreable
- a school privately owned and operated for profit.
- to verify or make firm such as calling to check on an appointment
- relationship between an employer and an employee during which the worker learns a trade.
- types of jobs available
- employment structure
- intended to train students in fields related to engineering and the physical sciences.
- after highschool
- home study
- correspondence courses
- fit into
- a policy of granting admission to all applicants without regard to grade point average, test scores, or class rank.
- open admissions policy
- occupational training programs developed jointly by high schools and community colleges.
- tech Prep Programs
- General Equivalency Diploma
- a course of study that satisfies the admissions requirements for a specific professional school as part of the baccalaureate degree.
- preprofressional programs
- a wide range of education and training provided by employers for their employees.
- OJT ( on the job training)
- the specific details of a job offer such as working hours salrary wages and fringe benifits
- conditions of employment
- federally administered employment and training program that serves severaly disadvantaged young people.
- Job corps
- unspoken communication through physical movements expressions and gestures
- body language
- imagined or pretended
- a four year degree that is sometimes called a bachelor's degree or undergraduate degree.
- baccalaurette degree
- the largest type of institution of higher learning, composed of several undergraduate colleges and graduate schools for advanced study.
- has met certain minimum standards for its program of study, staff, and facilities.
- a thank you letter sent to an interviewer following a job interview
- follow up
You must Login or Register to add cards