Glossary of Advanced Paramedic Drugs - Ireland
Other Decks By This User
- What class of drug is Amiodarone?
- Antiarrthymic Agent
- Describe Amiodarone?
- Class IIB Antiarrthymic agent used to treat ventricular arrthymias
- How is Amiodarone presented?
- 1) 150 mg in 3 ml solution
2) Pre-filled syringes 10 ml (30 mg/ml)
- How is Amiodarone administered?
- Intravenously (IV)
- What are the indications for the use of Amiodarone?
- Ventricular Fibrillation (VF) and pulseless Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)
- What are the contra-indications to giving Amiodarone?
- 1) Known Severe Adverse Reaction
2) Known Hypersensivity to Iodine
- What is the Adult dose of Amiodarone? (CPG A5)
- Adult Dose is 5 mg/kg IV
- What is the Paediatric dose of Amiodarone? (CPG A51)
- Paediatric Dose is 5 mg/kg IV
- What are the 5 actions of Amiodarone? (Pharmacological)
- 1) Antiarrthymic
2) Prolongs the Action Potential
3) Prolongs the Refractory Period
4) Prolongs Atrioventricular conduction
5) Prolongs QT Interval
- What are the side effects of Amiodarone?
- Inflammation of peripheral veins
You must Login or Register to add cards