Glossary of Adobe Illustrator Selection Tools
Other Decks By This User
- What is a path?
- Any individual shape the is created in Illustrator.
- Name the two basic path types.
- Open and closed.
- What is an open path?
- A straight or curved line with endpoints.
- What is a closed path?
- A shape with no endpoints such as a circle or a square.
- What is an anchor point?
- A corner point or smooth point that joins two segments of a path.
- What is a straight segment?
- A segment between two corner points.
- What is a curved segment?
- A segment between two smooth anchor points or between a smooth and a corner point.
- What is a smooth anchor point?
- A point that joins curved segments.
- What is a corner point?
- An anchor point that join stwo straight or a curved and a straight segment.
- What is a direction line?
- Antennae that stick out from every smooth point.
- What are direction lines used for?
- To reshape a curved segment.
- How do you reshape a curved segment with direction lines?
- Rotate, lengthen or shorten a direction line.
- What does "Select" mean in Illustrator?
- Highlight an object in the document window for editing.
- What is another word for "path" in Illustrator?
- What is a path made of?
- Smooth and/or corner anchor points and curved and/or straight line segments.
- How can you tell when an anchor point is selected?
- It is solid, not hollow.
- What is the Selection tool (V) used for?
- To select whole objects or groups.
- What is the Direct-selection tool used for?
- To select parts of objects.
- When do you use the Group selection tool?
- To select nested groups.
- What is the difference between the Selection tool and the Group-selection tool?
- The Selection tool is used to select whole objects or grouped objects. The Group-selection tool is used to select nested groups.
- What is a group?
- Two or more paths/objects that are united via the Group command so they can be modified together.
You must Login or Register to add cards