Glossary of Adaptation Cards
Other Decks By This User
- What is an herbivore?
- A living thing that mostly eats plants to survive
- Describe how weathering changes an igneous rock to sediment.
- Wind can chip pieces of it if it blows it around. Rain and sunlight can break it down too.
- What is habitat?
- The arrangement of food, water, shelter, and space suitable to an animal's needs.
- What is igneous rock?
- A type of rock that forms from melted rock that has cooled and crystalized
- What is weathering?
- The breaking up of rocks into sediments by such forces as wind, rain, and sunlight.
- Name 3 resources that can be found in our oceans.
- Gas, oil, food, jewelry
- What is an omnivore?
- A living thing that mostly eats plants and animals to survive.
- What is a renewable resource?
- A resource that can be replaced in a fairly short time.
- What is a producer?
- One that makes its own food
- Why are natural gas and oil examples of NON-RENEWABLE resources?
- Once we use them we can't replace them - they are used up. It's only a certain amount of it left.
- What is sediment?
- Bits of weathered rocks, minerals, and pieces of dead plants and animals
- What is a primary consumer
- A living thing that consumes plants
- What are nonrenewable resources?
- A resource that can't be replaced in nature
- What is the rock cycle?
- The continuous cycle of changes that rocks undergo.
- Why is it important for scientists to find alternative energy sources such as wave energy and solar energy?
- The resources we use now are nonrenewable resources. Solar and wave energy are renewable resources.
- What is a carnivore?
- A living thing that mostly eats meat to survive.
- What is adaptation?
- A change to a physical chacteristic that allows a living thing to survive in its environment.
- What is sedimentary rock?
- A type of rock that forms when sediments harden.
- What are natural resources?
- Any useful material or energy source found in nature.
- What is a secondary consumer?
- A living thing that consumes the animals that consumes plants
- Why is it important for scientists to find renewable resources for our energy production?
- If they don't find renewable resources, we are going to run out of energy resources.
- What is metamorphic rock?
- A type of rock that forms from sedimentary rocks that have changed by heat and pressure
- What is wave energy?
- Power that is harnested from the ocean waves
You must Login or Register to add cards