Glossary of Abnormal Psych Vocabulary for chapter 3
Other Decks By This User
- An understanding of the behavior of a particular animal.
- Ideographic understanding
- The process of collecting and interpreting relevant information about a client or subject.
- The process in which a test is administered to large group of persons whose performance then serves as a common standard or norm against which any individual's score can be measured.
- A measure of the consistency of test or research results.
- the accuracy of a test's or study's results;that is the extent to which any individual score can be measured.
- A face to face encounter in which clinicians ask questions of clients, weigh their responses and reactions and learn about them and their psychological problems.
- Clinical Interview
- A set on interview questions and observations designed to reveal the degree and nature of a client's abnormal functioning.
- Mental status exam
- A device for gathering information about a few aspects of a person's psychological functioning from which broader information about the person can be inferred.
- A test consisting of ambiguous material that people interpret or respond to
- projective test
- A test designed to measure broad personality characteristics consisting of statements about behaviors beliefs and feelings that people evaluate as characteristic or uncharacteristic of them.
- Personality inventory
- tests designed to measure a person's responses in one specific area of functioning, such as affect, social skills or cognitive processes.
- Response Inventories
- A test that measures physical responses as possible indicators of psychological problems.
- Psychophysiological test
- a test that directly measures brain structure or activity.
- neurological test
- Neurological tests that provide images of brain structure or brain activity including CT scans PET scans and MRI's
- neuroimaging techniques
- A test that detects brain impairment by measuring a person's cognitive perceptual and motor performances
- Neuropsychological test
You must Login or Register to add cards