Glossary of Abeka History 7 - Chapter 1, bold words
Other Decks By This User
- Means origin or beginning. The most reliable source for what we know about the beginning of world history.
- Name means man
- Name means mother of all
- Man's three special characteristics
- 1. Language and thought
2. Awareness of the difference between right and wrong
3. Freedom to make choices
- the belief that man was not created directly by God but instead "evolved" from the animals
- Putting man in place of or above God
- Son of Adam and Eve; he killed his brother Abel in a fit of jealousy and hatred.
- The first man killed
- the way of life of a group of people (the most important aspect is how people relate to God)
- He bragged openly of killing a man who had wounded him and a boy who had merely struck him.
- Son of Adam and Eve; born after Abel was killed and Cain was banished from the Garden. His descendants were aware of sin and inclined to repent.
- Mt. Ararat
- After the flood, Noah's ark came to rest on this mountain in Turkey.
- capital punishment
- The death penalty
- Noah's three sons
- Shem, Ham, and Japeth
- Also called Sumer, the plain where the survivors of the flood settled.
- A descendant of Noah's son Ham who became the ruler of eight cities, including Babel. He had the reputation of being a mighty hunter and rebel against God.
- Where a tower was being built to reach far into the sky. God miraculously confused the language of this city and the people dispersed across the earth
- A large group of people who think of themselves as one and act in history as a unit
You must Login or Register to add cards