Glossary of Abeka Gr. 8 Ch. 6
Created by VanessaBedsole
- Who became prime minister of Great Britain?
- William Pitt the Elder
- Who was the chancellor of Exchequer
- Charles Townshend
- What was Townshends acts seen as?
- An act of rebellion.
- What did the Americas say so they could be protected from taxation
- Taxation without representation
- When was the Boston massacre
and how many ppl died
- March 5 1770
And 5 ppl died
- On December 16 1773 what happened?
- The Boston tea party
- Who did the Americas Dress as
- Indian Mohawks
- How many tea box were dumped out
- 340 tea boxes
- When and what was the Quebec act?
and it canceled all western claims to extend Quebec to the Ohio river
- When and where was the first Continental congress
- in Philadelphia
and in September 5 1774
- Who and when made a speech in the Virgina house and spoke of a fast coming conflict?
- Patrick Henry
and march 28 1775
- When was the war of Independence
- April 19 1775
- how many Americans and British died on the Massachusetts
- 93 Americans
and 273 Brits died that day
- When and where was the Second Continental congress
and May 10th 1775
- In June the Congress appointed who
- George Washington
- What forefinger troops did the king of Britain send
- When and What was the Prohibitory act?
- December 1775
and removed all British protection from the colonies.
- Who was Marquis De Lafayette, Baron Von Steuben, Baron De Kalb.
- Patriots from Prussia, Germany, Poland, and France
- Who was a Loyalist/Torie
- People who were still loyal to Britain.
- Who went across the Delaware river and attacked the hessian s?
- Georgey Washy Tean
You must Login or Register to add cards