Glossary of A New Type of State and Citizen
Other Decks By This User
- Mazzini's Italian republic was short-lived because
- Italy needed trained soldiers to fight Austria.
- In spite of their differences, Garibaldi and Cavour came to an agreement regarding
- Victor Emmanuel's role as king of Italy.
- The idealistic goal of Mazzini and Garibaldi was the
- unification of Italy.
- . France did not favor the unification of Germany because
- unification would affect the balance of power in Europe.
- The most likely reason for the Austrian Empire's lack of interest in a united Germany was that
- it was interested in remaining friendly with France.
- What region belongs to the North German Confederation?
- The rise of socialism in Germany could be most directly attributed to
- the industrialization of Germany.
- Bismarck's political idealism is an example of
- Following the Crimean War, the Ottoman Turks
- attempted a series of reforms
- The basis of the problems faced by Russian peasants in the 1800s was that
- they were tied to the land
- In its attempts to industrialize during the nineteenth century, the major weakness of the Russian Empire was the
- goals of the revolutionaries.
- A factor that helped contribute to widespread revolts against Spanish rule in South America was
- Napoleon's invasion of Spain.
- The independence movement in what is today called Mexico began as a result of
- Napoleon's invasion of Spain.
- The Creoles attempted to establish an anti-reform government under the leadership of
- Agustfn de Iturbide
- In the battle Simon Bolívar led against the Spanish in 1819,
- many of his followers died, but he won the battle.
- President Monroe proposed the Monroe Doctrine to
- discourage the European colonization of the Americas.
- Beginning in 1808 successful Latin American independence movements were led by
- upper-class Creoles
- The Portuguese colony in which the Portuguese king temporarily moved his court is the country of
- emancipation of the Russian serfs in 1861 meant for many people that they
- had to pay for the land on which they lived.
- The Will of the People was
- a Russian organization that assassinated many people.
- What group of American revolutionaries opposed giving a lot of political power to the peninsulares?
- In the 1810 uprising led by Father Hidalgo, Hidalgo sought to gain the involvement of the
- mestizos and Indians.
- As Mexico modernized, the rich Creoles modeled their developing culture after
- European culture.
- Many Latin Americans turned from the Church after the revolutions because
- the Church supported the Spaniards during the Revolution.
- The Latin American wars for independence left a legacy of leadership in which
- dictators ruled.
- The relations between Creoles and those of Indian or African descent can be described as being
- one in which Creoles occupied all of the highest positions and looked down on other groups.
- What three European countries were faced with multi-ethnic populations that became nationalistic and wanted independence?
- Russia, Austria, and the Ottoman Empire
- Miguel Hidalgo's appeal to the masses caused him to lose the support of the important
- Emperor Maximilian's control over Mexico was supported and maintained by the presence of troops from
- The wars of independence in Latin America created a need for capital to rebuild and modernize, which was provided by
- foreign investments.
You must Login or Register to add cards