Glossary of ART!
Other Decks By This User
- Relationship of the size of a building to the human form
- Environment surrounding a work of architecture
- The basic purpose of a building
- Relationship of individual elements to eachother
- Tools with which the architect can create straightforward or deceptive relationships... (2)
- Proportion and Scale
- Has a psychological bearing on scale...
- "Design of Space"
- The design and flow of contiguous spaces relative to function
Also. should take into account various needs peripheral to the primary functions of the building
- Style of Architecture led by Frank Lloyd Wright...
- the Prairie School
- Characteristics of "the Prairie School" Architecture...
- Low-pitched roofs
Strong, horizontal lines (Reflect flat landscape of American prairie)
- Established the "Taliesin Fellowship" ...
- Frank Lloyd Wright
- Period of intense creative output for Wright...
- "Passive System"
- Design that accomodates natural phenomena rather than adding technological devices such as solar collectors.
- "California Lifestyle"
- Requires design that accomodates easy access to the out-of-dorrs and large, open spaces with free-flowing traffic patterns
- Credited with the concept that says the "form or shape or design of any building must grow from the function the building serves"
- Louis Sullivan
- "Art for Art's Sake"
You must Login or Register to add cards