Glossary of AP PSYCH 2
Other Decks By This User
- amnesia patients typically experience a disruption of
- explicit memory
- the process of getting info out of memory storage is called
- which of the following was not reccommended as a strategy for improving memory
- speed racing
- studies nu loftus and palmer in which people were quicced about a film of an accident indicate that
- people recall may easily be affected by misleading info.
- which of the following best describes the typical forgetting curve
- steady rapid decline in retention over time
- jenkins and dallenbach found that memory was better in subjects who were
- asleep during retention interval mostly because interference was recduced
- which measure of retention is the least sensitive in triggering retrieval
- amnesia victims typically have experienced damage to the
- according to the serial position effect when recalling a list of words you should have the greatest difficulty with
- the middle of the list
- when participants were tested on recall after a delay the items that were best recalled were
- at the beginning and at the end of the list.
- lashleys studies in which rates had learned a maze and then had various parts of their brain removed showed that memory
- remained no matter which area of the brain was removed
- the disruptiojn of memory that occurs when football players are knocked out provides evidence for the importance of
- consolidation of the formation of new memory
- long term potentiation
- the increased efficiency of synaptic transmission between certain neurons following learing.
- repression is an example of
- motivated forgetting.
- craik and tulving had research perticipants process words visually acoustically semantically. in a subsequent recall test which type of processing resulted in the greated retention.
- info is retained in short term memory only7 briefly unless it is
- chapters are often organized into________ in order to facilitate information processing
- memory researchers are suspicious of long repressed memories of traumatic eventes that are recovered with the aid of drugs of hypnosis because
- such experiences usually are vividly remembered
such memories are unreliable and easily influenced by misfinfo
memories of events happening before about age 3 are especially unreliable
You must Login or Register to add cards