Glossary of AP NSL Ch. 1
Other Decks By This User
- Authority given by law, public opinion, or constitution
- direct democracy
- when decisions are made by citizens by ballot or at an assembly
- puralist theory
- the political process isn't dominated by one group but by political resources, money, prestige, expertise, organizational position, and acess to mass media
- bureaucratic theory
- that bureaucrats, appointed officials who operate government agencies daily hold the power.
- power elite theory
- that a nongovernmental elite makes most of the major decisions made up of corporate leaders, top military officers, a few key political leaders, and the media
- Marxist Theory
- that government is a reflection of the capitalists, workers, farmers and intellectuals under them.
- political elite
- a group of people who have a disproportionate share of valued resources such as money or political power
- the right to use power
- a political system where the people indirectly or directly rule.
- representative democracy
- a form of government where voters elect individuals to represent their interests.
You must Login or Register to add cards