Glossary of AG Turb and Icing Criteria
Other Decks By This User
- What temperature does clear ice form?
- 0ºC - -10ºC,
and even as cold as -25ºC
- What temperature does rime ice form?
- Primarily -8ºC - -20ºC,
although it has been observed between -2ºC and -28ºC
- What are the two basic conditions for icing to form on an airframe?
- 1) Aircraft surface temperature must be colder than 0ºC
2) Supercooled water droplets must be present
- What are the three types of ice accumulation on an aircraft?
- rime ice, clear ice, and frost
- What are the four types of turbulence?
- 1) Thermal or convective
2) Mechanical mixing
4) Wind shear/flow over mountains
- What is the vertical wind shear criteria for Light Turbulence?
- 3-5kts / 1000FT
- What is the vertical wind shear criteria for Moderate Turbulence?
- 6-9kts / 1000FT
- What is the vertical wind shear criteria for Severe Turbulence?
- 10kts or greater per 1000FT
- What is the criteria for Mountain Wave CAT?
- 1) Winds 25knots or more normal to the mountain barriers
2) Presence of Significant surface pressure differences across such barriers
- What is the criteria for Shear Wave CAT?
- 1) Wind speeds of 60kts or more
2) Horizontal shear of 25kts in 90nm
3) Vertical sheat above 15kts per 1,000ft
You must Login or Register to add cards