Glossary of ACDEC: Music--The Random People
Other Decks By This User
- Who painted "The Death of Socrates?"
- Jacques-Louis David
- Who was known as the intelligent leader of classicism?
- J. Winckelmann
- Who praised the Thomas Jefferson Library at the University of Virginia as the most beautiful structure in America?
- R. Hughes
- Who criticized Bach's music as being too unnatural and instrumental?
- J. A. Scheibe
- Who characterized the galant movement as more emotional?
- J. P. Kimbegler
- Who said, "If you want to see me weep, you yourself must grieve" (and what musical movement does this refer to?)
- Horace, the Empfindsamer Stil
- Who wrote "Pamela"? (and what movement?"
- Richardson, ES
- Who was the creator of "Der Tod Jesu" (and what movement)
- Graun, ES
- Who was the critic that said that comic opera was a good school for composers, though a bad one for singers?
- J. A. Hiller
- Who said that music was meaningless without words?
- Who disagreed that music was meaningless without words?
- T. Twining
- Who said that the main meaning of music could be found in its patterns and rhythms?
- Adam Smith
- Who wrote the play "Sturm und Drang"?
- Who was the critic who said that the Classical style had moved away from the church?
- C. Rosen
- Who wrote the important treatise distinguishing the beautiful and the sublime?
- Ed. Burke
- Who was the critic who saw "The Magic Flute" as the height of Mozart's operatic career?
You must Login or Register to add cards