Glossary of ACA DECA: Music Scrimage Tests
Other Decks By This User
- Whic interval in considered the simplest?
- The MOST basic element in music is?
- Which statement best characterizes the principle of rythm?
- movement in time
- The white notes on a keyboard denotes which kind of scale?
- Whic hstatement BEST identifies the influence of the renaissance spirit on learning?
- preparation of numerous subjects
- In musical notation, sharps and flats are known as
- Rests in music notation ae signs of
- A half step is also called a
- dynamics refer to
- the term for melodic lines heard on against another is
- counterpoint is also known as
- which was most influential on the rise of the arts in renaissance society?
- exploration and trade
- Whic genre resulted from Renn era religious reforms?
- chorale and cantana
- Which type of chant would MOST likely have been discourages by the council of trent?
- Whic innovative music printing technique was used by Petrucci?
- triple impressions (three fold process)
- All of the following are elements of early Renaissance muscal style EXCEPT
- Pervading imitation is a strcutural technique in which each voice enters
- one at a time
- Which intervals are considered today to be perfect consonances?
- octave and fifth
- the voice entries in pervading imitation style are known as
- points of imitation
- Whic term reflects single line sacred melodies from the Renaissance era?
- Which of the following is the literal translation of ther term canon?
- the choice of melodic material in the cantus firmus, parody and motto mass structures are all similar in that the meoldy is from which kind of source?
- Which Renaissance instrument is used in elementary school classrooms toady?
- A brass players lip pressure on the mouthpiece is called
- An intabulation shows the player where to place the
- Which compositional element is manipulated to draw outt he emotional force of the work o magnum mysterium by Victoria?
- What word BEST characerizes Renaissance Toccata form?
- Dance forms were an important part of which late renn genre?
- Fantasias would MOST probably be composed for which type of renn audience?
- Late renaissance chromaticism occurs when pitches are used
- outside the modal scale
You must Login or Register to add cards