Glossary of ABeka Lit 7 - Chap. 1, p. 08-13 - I meet the Sheriff
Other Decks By This User
- Who was the author?
- Ralph Moody.
- When and/where did the story take place?
- Fort Logan, Denver
- What is the theme of the story?
- Take responsibility for your own actions.
- What Significant event happened?
- When ralph set the trap to catch a praire dog, and instead cought a pheasant(a bird that was illegal to kill)
- What is the main charachter's name?
- 1. Ralph - scared, learning.
2. Father- Honest, responsible, upright.
- Where did ralph go to find the Sheriff?
- The last chance saloon
- What did the Sheriff order for Ralph to drink?
- Burch beer (root beer)
- What was the name of Ralph's horse?
- What is a winnower?
- A machine used to seperate the chaff from grain.
- what is a hoosegow?
- wester slang for jail.
- What is Ballad of Reading Gaol?
- a poem by Oscar Wilde about a man's suffering in jail.
- What is Birch Beer?
- A beverage like root beer.
- Why di Ralph's father think he neede to go to the Sheriff?
- Because all the men in jail ran from the law because they had committed a small crime.
- What was father's advice? Was it good advice?
- to go to the sheriff. Yes
You must Login or Register to add cards