Glossary of ABeka History 7 - Unit 1, Chap. 3 Chapter Review
Other Decks By This User
- Ham's son ___ settled in Egypt.
- The Greek historian ___ left descriptions of the wonders of ancient Egypt.
- The vizier who prepared Egypt for a seven-year famile was ___?
- God delivered Israel from slavery by using ___ as a leader?
- The scholar who deciphered the Rosetta Stone and unlocked the secrets of hieroglyphics was ___.
- Egypt is not a barren desert because of ___.
- the Nile River
- The northern section of Egypt, including the delta region, was called ___.
- Lower Egypt
- The two kingdoms of Egypt were united by ___.
- The new capital of united Egypt was called ___.
- The Step Pyramid was built for ___.
- The largest of the Giza pyramids was built for ___.
- The Great Sphinx stands near the pyramid of ___.
- The only female pharaoh was ___.
- The pharaoh who had many giant statues of himself was ___.
- Ramses II
- Under _____, the Egyptian empire reached its greatest extent.
- Thutmose III
- Chariots were used by the ___ to invade and conquer Egypt.
- Egyptian writing
- One who studies the relics of ancient cultures
- great families who ruled Egypt
- the kingdom that ended during a period of internal turmoil
- Old Kingdom
- the kingdom that ended when the Hyksos conquered Egypt
- Middle Kingdom
- the pharaoh's chief assistant
- the small divisions of Upper and Lower Egypt
- rapids found in the Nile River
- Some pharaohs built huge tombs called ___ which are still standing today.
- A ___ is a mysterious statue with the head of a man, a ram, or a hawk, and the body of a lion.
- Jean Francis Champollion used the ___ to decipher Egyptian writing.
- Rosetta Stone
- The ancient Egyptians used ___ to make paper.
- The ___ region is the fan-shaped area where the Nile runs into the Mediterranean Sea.
- The delicate process of ___ has preserved the bodies of some pharaohs for thousands of years.
- Djoser built the ___, perhaps the first structure in world history made entirely of stone.
- Step Pyramid
- What sea formed the northern border of Egypt?
- Mediterranean Sea
- What sea formed the eastern border of Egypt?
- Red Sea
- In which part of Egypt, Upper or Lower, was Giza located?
- Lower Egypt
- What desert lay to the west of Egypt?
You must Login or Register to add cards