Glossary of ABeka History 7 - Unit 1, Chap. 2 Chapter Review
Other Decks By This User
- An invasion by the ___ brought the Sumerian empire to an end in the 1900s B.C.
- Amorites and Elamites
- The chief god of the Canaanites was ___.
- making the laws known
- one who makes men into gods
- The city of ___ was the capital of this empire.
- one who worships many gods
- Rules people follow in living together.
- King ___ united all of Mesopotamia under a single empire.
- The land of ___ was the center of the ancient world.
- one who worships only one god
- The sun god ___ supposedly gave Hammurabi authority to make his code of laws.
- The chief god of Babylon who became the king of all the gods was ___.
- Jacob's son ___ was sold into slavery by his brothers.
- The valley of ___, also called Armageddon, will be the last battleground of world history.
- Wedge-shaped ___ writing provided the world with perhaps the first written language.
- the rule of one city or people over other cities or peoples
- A nation or people living in its own land with its own government is called a ___.
- all people who commit the same crime should be punished in the same way
- equality under the law
- The study of history is complicated by the ___ of mankind which occurred after the confusion of tongues at Babel.
- a group of people appointed by a ruler to help him govern
- The ___ was an arch-shaped stretch of land that was an excellent place for growing crops.
- fertile crescent
- The Sumerians were the first people known to have used the ___, a simple device which is now used by everyone almost every day.
- Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are called the ___, the "founding fathers" of the Jewish nation.
- Explain the division of history between years B.C. and years A.D.
- B.C. means before Christ and A.D. is Latin for Anno domini, "in the year of our Lord." The first coming of Jesus Christ was so important that it became the man dividing point of history.
- Why is the call of Abraham considered an important event in human history?
- The call of Abraham marked the beginning of God's plan for the salvation of mankind. God chose Abraham to father a great nation, Israel, out of whom Jesus Christ, the Savior of mankind, would come.
- God chose ____ to become the father of the nation of Israel.
- Abraham lived in the Sumerian city of ____ until God told him to start his journey.
- The people of ___ irrigated their land with canals and developed written language.
- The Biblical name for the region of Sumer is ___.
- The name of the ___ River means "arrow."
- The name of the ___ River means "that makes fruitful."
- The name ___ means "land between rivers."
- Sargon was the king of ___.
- The god of the sky, ___, supposedly ruled all the other Sumerian gods.
- The god ___ supposedly owned the city of Ur.
- King ___ is pictured as the builder of a ziggurat.
You must Login or Register to add cards