Glossary of ABeka History 11 - Chapter 3 - Section 4 Review (p. 62) and Section 5 Review (p.
Other Decks By This User
- Name four distinguished colonial portrait painters.
- John Singleton Copley, Benjamin West, Gilbert stuart, Charles Wilson Peale
- Who was the first professional musician born in America?
- William Billings
- What group provided colonial America with some of its most notable music?
- Define "deism."
- a religion that claims that God created the universe and then abandoned it to operate purely by natural law, and that God left man to take care of himself through his own intellect.
- Whose research enabled English astronomers to measure the earth's distance from the sun?
- John Winthrop IV
- What astronomer successfully predicted an eclipse in 1789?
- Benjamin Banneker
- Who helped introduce the smallpox vaccine in America?
- Cotton Mather
- Who blazed a trail that later became known as the Wilderness Road?
- Daniel Boone
- What connected larger cities, enabling mail to be carried more easily?
- post roads
- Name three kinds of colonial recreation.
- quilting bees, cornhuskings, and barn-raisings
You must Login or Register to add cards