Glossary of ABeka History 11 - Chapter 1 - Section 3 Review
Other Decks By This User
- (17, 3.0) Who discovered the Pacific Ocean?
- Vasco de Balboa
- (17, 3.0) Who conquered the Incas of Peru?
- Francisco Pizarro
- (17, 3.0) Who discovered the Mississippi River?
- Hernando de Soto
- (17, 3.0) Who explored the coast of California for Spain?
- Juan Cabrillo
- (17, 3.0) Whose crew completed the first voyage around the world?
- Ferdinand Megellan
- (17, 3.0) Who made the first Spanish landing on the mainland of North America?
- Ponce de Leon
- (17, 3.0) Who conquered the Aztecs of Mexico?
- Hernando Cortes
- (17, 3.0) What king probably controlled more of the earth's surface than any other man in history?
- Philip II (of Spain)
- (17, 3.0) What was the Catholic Chruch's response to the Protestant Reformation?
- the Counter-Reformation
- (17, 3.0) What led to the decline of Spain as a world power?
- the defeat of the "Invincible Armada"
- (17, 3.0) How did the defeat of the Spanish Armada in a sense determine the outcome of American history?
- If the Spanish Armada had won, there would have been no English colonies and no United States of America; however, with Spain's defeat and resulting decline, Protestant colonists from England were free to lay the groundwork for political and religious freedom in North America.
You must Login or Register to add cards