Glossary of A.P. History: Chapter 3
Other Decks By This User
- Age of the Common Man
- Started by Andrew Jackson
stressed universal manhood suffrage, public education in the west, cheap newspapers, majority rule, abolition of debtor prisons.
- Kitchen Cabinet
- a group of unoffical advisors to President Jackson, discussed problems in the White House kitchen
- Democrats 1824
- Jackson lead the democrats after the split of Democratic-Republican Party
farmers & small planters in the south
- Webster-Hayne Debate (1829-1830)
- Daniel Webster vs. Robert Hayne (SC) on states rights vs. federalism.
- Indian Removal Bill of 1830
- passed by Andrew Jackson, removed Indians from east of the Miss. to Iowa or Oklahoma. 70,000 Indians within 10 years were moved.
- Trail of Tears
- mass relocation of 17,000 cherokee indians of georiga to the great plains.
- Maysville Road Veto
- proposed by Henry Clay to link Virginia and Kentucky, Jackson vetoed: Clay's idea
- Nicholas Biddle
- president of the U.S. Bank, petitioned its recharter in 1832 (unsuccessfully)
- Pet Banks
- state banks that received funds from the fed. gov't. Created by Jackson to limit the power of te Second U.S. bank
- Peggy Eaton Affair
- wife of sec. of war john eaton
You must Login or Register to add cards