Glossary of 8th grade chemistry test flashcards
Other Decks By This User
- An Ion is a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ particle
- What are Isotopes?
- Atoms of the same element w/ different # of neutrons. (Ex. H-1)
- what are noble gases?
- gases in group 18, dont chemically combine iwth other elements. other elements try to be like noble gases.
- nonmetals _ _ _ _ ions.
- gain..... nonagain
- metals _ _ _ _ ions
- what group of metals are transition metals
- metals group 3 - 12
- what group of metals are alkaline metals?
- group #1
- what are valence electrons
- outer electrons involved in transfers
- what is a period?
- horizontal row of elements.. hint ( theres a period at the end of ever sentence)
- to find neutrons .. subtract ? from ?
- atomic # from Atomis Mass
- Mass number = ? + ?
- # of protons + # of neutrons
- Atomic number = ? = ?
- # of protons = # of electrons
- what are electrons?
- they are out side the nuclues
have a negative charge
- what are Nuetrons?
- Found in Nuclues
- what are protons?
- Found in nucleus
- What are atoms?
- building blocks of matter
- Who invented the periodic table?
- How can you characterize each family of metals?
- similar properties
- what are the properties of metals?
- Bohr drawings
- first ring hols how many electrons?
- rest of the rings hold how many?
- first ring 2
rest of them 8
You must Login or Register to add cards