Glossary of 8th Grade Science: Cells and Heredity
Other Decks By This User
- Study of heredity
- Offspring with the same form of a trait as the parent
- An inherited characteristic
- The genes and the genetic traits whose expression they control that are passed on from one's parents
- The basic unit capable of transmitting characteristics from one generation to the next.
- A form of a gene
- An organism that two different alleles for a trait.
- Having identical alleles for a single trait.
- Recessive Allele
- The allele that is masked.
- Dominant Allele
- The allele that is shown in the phenotype of an organism
- Sexual Reproduction
- Two organisms produce offspring that have genetic characteristics from both parents.
- Asexual Reproduction
- One organism produces offspring that are genetically identical to itself.
- The likelihood of an event to happen
- Punnett Square
- A square used to determine the probability of an offspring expressing a particular genotype.
- The physical appearance of an organism.
- The genetic makeup of an organism.
- Neither phenotype is dominant: the organism expresses both phenotypes.
You must Login or Register to add cards