Glossary of 8th Grade Chemistry
Other Decks By This User
- What is the symbol for Sulfur?
- What are four characteristics of a metal?
good condutors of heat and energy
- What is the symbol for Iron?
- All atoms of the same element have the same number of what?
- Mg 2+
- Give the number of electrons in atoms of mercury
- A(n) what has some properties of both metals and nonmetals?
- Name the family of Neon
- Noble Gas Family
- What is the symbol for Hydrogen?
- The person who is credited for publishing the firs useable periodic table is whom?
- What kind of change occurs when whiteout is used to fix a mistake?
- Give an exaple of an alloy
- 14K gold
- What kind of chane is occurin when gree food coloring is added to water and the water turns green
- Name the family of sulfur
- Oxygen Family
- Give an example of a metal
- What kind of change is occuring when table sugar is beint heated to make caramel
- A pure substance that cannot be broken down into any other substance is called a what?
- What is the chemical for Ca?
- What is the symbol for gold?
- What is the subatomic particle with a negative charge?
- The one with the positive charge is called a(n)...
- What is the symbol for Nitrogen?
- What is the symbol for Magnessium?
- What is the symbol for carbon?
- What is the symbol for Potassium?
- The building blocks of matter are called
- What is the symbol for sodium?
- What is the symbol for Copper?
- What is the symbol for Lead?
- A cubic centimeter is a unit for measuring what?
- What is the symbol for silver?
- What is a charged particle called?
- Give the number of protons in atoms of oxygen.
- The three subatomic particles of an atom are what?
- Proton, eletron, and neutron
- S 2-
- Name the family of Chlorine
- Halogen Family
- Burning leaves is an example of what kind of change?
- Freezing an what can occur at the same temperature. It just depends on whether heat is being added or taken away~
- The columns in a periodic table are called what?
- Name the elements in the compound
The two needs to be under the O
- Sodium, Aluminus and Oxygen
- Silver and Sulfur
- Name the family of lead
- Carbon family
- New substances are formed during what kind of changes?
- A physical change changes the what of a substance
- Pull out a periodic table and give the atomic mass of silver.
- What found on a periodic table gives you the number of protons found in each atom of an element?
- Atomic Number
You must Login or Register to add cards