Glossary of 7th grade science words
Other Decks By This User
- to soak up
Commercials for paper towels brag about how they absorb spills.
- An organism is born with certain traits and acquires certain traits.
- to change in response to new circumstances
When we got our new science teacher, mr. Beak, we had to adapt to his weird ways.
- to stick to
Scotch tape adheres to paper quite well.
- the center around which something rotates.
The Earth rotates on its axis.
- a substance that speeds up a chemical reaction
Fire is a catalyst for turning water into vapor.
- to group organism into categories according to similar characteristics
I would classify Mr. Beak as weird, but Mrs. Corpus as cool.
- the slamming of one thing into another.
When there is a collision between an opponet's bat and my best pitch, that is not good.
My science teacher tells us when a material we are working with is combustible.
- a part of a system or machine
The components of my stereo are the receiver, CD player and five speaker surround system.
- to squeeze
When compressed enough, a soccer ball finally goes boom.
- to protection of natural resources
Conservation is important if we are to keep the few natural wonders this country has left, like the Grand Canyon.
- to rot, break down
When you die, unless you have yourself frozen or are cremated, your body will decay.
- to use up
One of the main problems today is the gradual depletion of Earth's resources.
- to leave
Rivers and streams deposit sediment as they wear away the earth they run through.
- to get worse
He is trying not to let his health is deteriorate.
- to mix with a liquid
Kool Aid dissolves in water to make a tasty, refreshing drink.
- sleeping, inactive
Lots of animals, insects and plants go dormant over the winter, sleeping until spring.
- a condition in which all forces cancel each other out, resulting in balance
Equilibrium happens when opposing forces are equal.
- to change for the better
The theory of evolution is based on the theory that animals evolve to take advantage of their environment.
- no longer in existence,
The dodo bird is extinct.
- a section of a chromosome that controls how part of an organism turns out
Your genes control your eye color.
- the passing down of traits from parents to offspring
Your hair color is determined by heredity.
- to light on fire
when you ignite your Bunsen burner in science class, it gives off a blue flame.
- being resistant to something
When you are sick your immune system is working overtime.
- to burn until there is nothing left but ashes.
You must Login or Register to add cards