Glossary of 7th Cell Quiz
Other Decks By This User
- Who was the first person to use the word 'cell'?
- Robert Hooke
- What is the control center of the cell?
- What is made of cellulose, and provides support to the cell?
- cell wall
- Who stated that all plants are made of cells?
- Matthiaas Schleiden
- What does the endoplasmic reticulum do?
- the transportation system of the cell
- What are Ribosomes?
- Ribosomes make proteins.
- What are Golgi Bodies?
- Golgi Bodies package proteins.
- Who is anton van Leeuwonhoek?
- First person to see bacteria
- What are lysosomes?
- Lysosomes digest stuff.
- What are chloroplasts?
- Chloroplasts contain chlorophyll and make food for a plant cell.
- Who is Theodore Schwann?
- He stated that 'all animals are made of cells'.
- What are microtubules?
- Microtubules add support to a cell; they appear and disappear.
- Who is Rudolf Virchow?
- He stated that 'all cells come from other cells'.
- What is the cell membrane?
- Controls what goes into the cell and what goes out of the cell.
- What are mitochondria?
- Mitochondria make energy for the cell. Mitochondria are called the 'powerhouse' of the cell.
You must Login or Register to add cards