Glossary of 7th - Ondrus - Cell Parts
Other Decks By This User
- Who was the first person to use the word 'cell'?
- Robert Hooke
- What is the control center of the cell?
- What is made of cellulose, and provides support to the cell?
- cell wall
- Who stated that all plants are made of cells?
- Matthiaas Schleiden
- What does the endoplasmic reticulum do?
- the transportation system of the cell
- What are Ribosomes?
- Ribosomes make proteins.
- What are Golgi Bodies?
- Golgi Bodies package proteins.
- Who is anton van Leeuwonhoek?
- First person to see bacteria
- What are lysosomes?
- Lysosomes digest stuff.
- What are chloroplasts?
- Chloroplasts contain chlorophyll and make food for a plant cell.
- Who is Theodore Schwann?
- He stated that 'all animals are made of cells'.
- What are microtubules?
- Microtubules add support to a cell; they appear and disappear.
- Who is Rudolf Virchow?
- He stated that 'all cells come from other cells'.
- What is the cell membrane?
- Controls what goes into the cell and what goes out of the cell.
- What are mitochondria?
- Mitochondria make energy for the cell. Mitochondria are called the 'powerhouse' of the cell.
- This expanding and contracting organelle stores water, nutrients and wastes.
- These organelles break down glucose to supply the cell with energy.
- This organelle is the control center of the cell. It contains chromosomes and DNA.
- Located in the nucleus, this organelle is made up of RNA and protein.
- cell membrane
- Plant cell: This is a layer that holds the parts of the cell together and controls movement of materials into and out of the cell.
- endoplasmic reticulum
- This is a structure that moves material throughout the cell.
- This small round organelle is involved in digestion.
- Plant cell: This is a substance that fills most of the cell outside of the nucleus and contains the other organelles.
- Plant cell: This is a structure that contains chlorophyll, giving the plant its green color, and traps energy from sunlight.
- cell wall
- Plant cell: This is the tough, nonliving outer layer of each plant cell. It gives the cell shape, strength, and support.
- Plant cell: This is ANY tiny structure in the cytoplasm of the cell that performs a special job.
- one mitochondrion, two or ten mitochondria
::::: This is a structure where food and oxygen react to release energy.
- This is a organelle that puts together proteins for the cell.
You must Login or Register to add cards