Glossary of 7th - ART
Other Decks By This User
- Adding clay parts or pieces to get more detail.
- Taking clay away or carving it away from a surface to get more detail.
- When a piece of clay sticks out fram a flat surface (like how your nose sticks out from your face)
- Muddy clay and water mixture used to attach pieces of clay together.
- rolled out 'snakes' of clay
- A flat 'pancake' of clay that has been rolled out
- body parts of a pot
- Lip: (top of pot), BODY: middle of pot, FOOT: (bottom of pot)
- smoothing out crummies, blending parts together and taking your time
- Pottery that can be used for a purpose
- Sculpture or pottery that is not meant to be used; it's meant for decoration
- in the round
- Sculpture that can be seen from all angles and directions; you can see all sides of the sculpture.
- fragile clay that is dried out but hasn't been fired yet
- clay that has been fired once and is now hard
- GLAZE is painted onto fired clay and then turns into a glass-like surface when it is fired again.
- a large, hot oven where pottery is baked to become hard
- Ceramic products are things made from clay and similar materials; also called pottery. A brick is an example of a ceramic product.
- When clay is 'fired', it is heated until all the moisture is removed.
You must Login or Register to add cards