Glossary of 7 Taxons
Other Decks By This User
- Linneaus 2 Kingdoms
- Animalia and Plantae
- 6 Kingdoms
- Three Domain System: 3 Domains
Eukarya-protists, fungi, plants, animals
- Molecular Clocks
- a model that uses DNA comparisons to estimate the length of time that two species have been evolving.
- evolutionary classification
- strategy of grouping organisms together based on their evolutikonary history
- diagram that shows the evolutionary relationships amoung a group of organisms
considers traits that are evolutionary innovations
method of evolutionary classification
- Domain Bacteria
- unicellular and prokaryotic cells have thick rigid cell walls, surrounding a cell membrane; made of peptidoglycan.
contains the kingdom eubacteria
- Domain Arachaea
- unicellular and prokaryotic members, live in extreme envvironments; valcanic hot springss, birine pools, and black organic mud. cell wall lack peptidoglycan andd their cell membrances contain unusual lipids the aren't found in otheer organisms.have thick rigid cell walls.
- kingdom of unicellular whose cell walls do no contain peptigoddlycan.
- Domain Eukarya
- consists of all organisms that have a nucleaus.
organized into four groups
- Groups of Eukarya
- kingdo composed of eikaryotes that arte not clasified as plants, animals, or fungi. most are single celled but some are multi some are photsymthetic and others are hetorotrophic.
- hetorotrophs, most are multi cell. some are unic cell.
includes mushrooms and yeasts
- multi cell. photosyumthetic autotrophs, nonmitle-cannot move from place to place, cell walls contain not cellulose, incldues cone bvearing and flowering palnts, mosss and ferns.
- multi cell. heteroptrophic, do not have cell walls,
You must Login or Register to add cards