Glossary of 6th Grade Science - Chapter 2 - Forces
Other Decks By This User
- The resistence of an object to a change in the speed or the direction of its motion.
- The amount of matter in an object.
- Any change in motion of an object.
- An object at rest will remain at rest and object in motion will remain in motion unless acted upon by an outside force.
- Netwon's 1st Law of Motion
- A push or a pull.
- A force that resists motion between two objects in contact
- The force that resists motion between two objects in contact.
- What is the rate of acceleration of gravity?
- 9.8 meters per second/2
- Forces that are equal in size but opposite in direction.
- Balance Forces
- Forces that cause a change in the motion of an object.
- Unbalanaced forces
- Anything that has mass and takes up space.
- 1 Netwon = 1 Kg mass X 1 Meter/sec2.
- F = M x A
Force = Mass x Acceleration
- Netwon's 2nd Law of Motion
- For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
- Netwon's 3rd Law of Motion
- How many grams in a Kilogram?
- What would happen to an object's acceleration if the forces applied to it increase?
- It accelerates
- Why is it difficult to run on ice?
- Less Friction
- How are acceleration, mass and inertia related?
- The more mass, therefore the more inertia, the harder it is to accelerate that mass.
- The force that pushes on something.
- Action force
- The force that pushes back.
- Reaction force
- The total of all the forces action on an object.
- Net force
- Any force that keeps an object moving in a circle.
- Centipetal force
- What is the formula for Acceleration?
- Acceleration = Force/Mass
- What is the formula for Mass?
- Mass = Force/Acceleration
- What is the change in position over time?
- The resistance of an object to a change in speed or direction is called?
- Newton's First law of motion
- The change in velocity over time?
- What is Momentum?
- Momentum = Mass times Velocity or
- A collision is a situation in which two objects in close contact transfer?
- Energy and Momentum
- When you push on a door, the door pushes back with an equal and opposite force. These two forces are known as?
- Action / Reaction force pairs
- The momentum of an object is the product of its...?
- Mass and Velocity
- What is the unit of force?
- What is the unit for mass?
- What is the unit for acceleration?
Mass divided by seconds squared
You must Login or Register to add cards