Glossary of 6th Gr. Unit 1 (partial)
Other Decks By This User
- Study "Seasons of the Northern Hemisphere" on p. 13.
- Where do the direct rays of the sun fall when the Northern Hemisphere has summer? Winter?
- What does human-environment interaction reveal?
- Human-environment interaction reveals how people and the evironment affect each other.
- Describe the difference in weather and climate.
- Weather - day to day changes in the air.
Climate - average weather over a long period of time.
- What limits the usefulness of globes?
- Globes cannot be large enough to show details and still be small enough to be convenient.
- Why does energy create many problems as a natural resource?
- Energy resources are not spread evenly around the world.
- How does the atmosphere provide for continuing life on the earth?
- The atmosphere provides oxygen for humans and animals and carbon dioxide for plants.
- What two things are necessary to find the absolute location of a place?
- latitude and longitude
- Name three physical processes that occur inside the earth.
- volcanoes, shifting plates, and earthquakes
- What causes night and day?
- One rotation of the earth on its axis causes night and day.
- Describe the difference in recyclable resources and renewable resources.
- Recyclable - resources are recycled by nature without help from man.
Renewable - Can be replaced.
- What good is a compass rose on a map?
- It shows cardinal directions.
- Name the five major types of climate regions.
- tropical, dry, moderate, continental, polar
- Which climate region has the most vegetation?
- tropical (think Tarzan; think tropical rain forest)
- What do winds and water do to protect the earth?
- Wind and water keep the earth from overheating due to the effects of the sun.
You must Login or Register to add cards