Glossary of 6 Gastro TC
Other Decks By This User
- A malignant neoplasm of epithelial cells in glandular or glandlike pattern. SYN glandular cancer, glandular carcinoma
- A benign epithelial neoplasm in which the tumor cells form glands or glandlike structures; usually well circumscribed, tending ot compress rather than infiltrate or invade adjacent tissue.
- (discontinued) methyldopa Alpha-Adrenergic blocking agent.
Management of moderate to severe hypertension
- Any of a group of chemically diverse proteins that appears microscopically homogeneous, but is composed of linear nonbranching aggregated fibrils arranged in sheets when seen under the electron microscope
Resembling or containing starch.
- A disease or condition characterised by extracellular accumulation of amyloid in various organs and tissues of the body; may be local or generalized; may be primary or secondry.
- Any condition in which the number of red blood cells per mm3, the amount of hemoglobin in 100 mL of blood, and/or the volume of packed RBCs per 100 mL of blood are less than normal.
Clinically, generally pertaining to the concentration of oxygen-transporting material in a designated volume of blood, in contrast to total quantities as in oligocythemia, oligochromemia, and oligemia. Frequently manifested by pallor of the skin and mucous membranes, shortness of breath, palpitations of the heart, soft systolic murmurs, lethargy, and fatigability.
- A severe, usually constricting pain.
- Anginal, abdominal
- Intermittent abdominal pain, frequently occuring at a fixed time after eating, caused by inadequacy of the mesenteric circulation from arteriosclerosis or other arterial disease. SYN intestinal angina
- Radiography of vessels after the injection of a radiopaque contrast material; usually requires percutaneous insertion of a radiopaque catheter and positioning under fluoroscopic control.
- Pl. (antra), any nearly closed cavity, particularly one with bony walls. SYN pyloric
- Gen. (apicis), pl. (apices) the extremity of a conical or pyramidal structure, such as the heart or lung.
- Apex of heart
- The blunt extremity of the heart formed by the left ventricle. SYN apex cordis, vertex cordis.
You must Login or Register to add cards