Glossary of 601 words
Other Decks By This User
- one who boasts about his patriotism and favors a warlike policy.
- rake; seducer; lover. Lothario was an amorous character in 18th century play, the fair penitent.
- one who acts independantly.
- agent of retribution; just punishment.
- one who makes love insincerely, one who engages in passing love affairs
- a bitter verbal attack.
- designed to secure conformity;drastic
- changeable, taking on different forms
- phyrrhic victory
- a victory that is exceptionally costly
- romanticaly idealistic; impractical.
- sluggish, gloomy or grave. the planet saturn is so far from the sun that it is thought to be cold and dismal
- substandard use of words, violation of good manners
- an unintentional exchange of sounds
- one who is fond of luxury and soft living
- cheap, guady, showy
- somewhat acid or sour
- excessively greedy
- deadly, sinister
- warlike, of quarrelsome nature
- bad tempered, bitter
- arrogant, disagreeably conceited
- critical, quick to find fault
- rude, surly
- willing to please, tending to consent to others wishes
- crushed in spirit by a feeling of guilt
- festive, sociable
- courteous, gracious and having sophisticated charm
- grouchy, gloomy, a person who suffers from dypepsia or indigestion
- sad mournful, inclined to shed many tears
You must Login or Register to add cards