Glossary of 5th Grade Science: Chapter 2 TEST
Other Decks By This User
- True and False: A food chain shows that path that energy takes from the sun through producers and consumers.
- True or False: An organism can be a first-order consumer in one food chain and a third-order consumer in another food chain.
- Plants have no rule in the water cycle.
- True or False: Each time you breathe, you take part in the carbon dioxide-oxygen cycle.
- Nitrogen gas cannot be used directly by most organisms.
- In an ocean food chain, algae are an example of a ______.
- The Earth's atmosphere is made up of 78% _______.
- When an animal exhales carbon dioxide, it is taking part in the _____________.
- Carbon dioxide-oxygen cycle
- During Photosynthesis, plants give off carbon dioxide as a waste product.
- What do sewage treatment plants clean up?
- Waste Water
- The process by which liquid water changes to water vapor is called _______.
- Alex put a test tube with a green leaf and yellow BTB into the sunlight. An hour later, she observed that the solution was blue! How can you explain what happened?
- Carbon dioxide was used by the leaf
- What process breaks down carbon compounds in the carbon dioxide - oxygen cycle?
- cell respiration
- True or False: Nitrogen is made usable by bacteria that grow on the roots of some plants.
- When nitrogen is "fixed," what is it changed into?
- nitrogen compounds
- What is the process by which water vapor is changed to liquid water?
- In the nitrogen cycle, what is converted to a usable form?
- nitrogen gas
- True or False: As plants decay, they add carbon compounds to the air and soil.
- When you eat corn, your body receives part of the _________ that the corn received from the Sun.
- When you eat a carrot, you are eating "low" on the ____________.
- Food Chain
You must Login or Register to add cards