Glossary of 4th Grade Ecosystem Vocabulary
Other Decks By This User
- What is a system?
- a group of parts that work together as a unit
Example= everything in a yard is a system
- In an _________ system, things from the outside come in (INPUT)and things are let out.(OUTPUT)
- What does stability in a system mean?
- A system in balance (If something is added it is later taken out!)
- A group of the same species living in the same place at the same time is a _________________ .
- The deepest part of the ocean is called the ____________________ .
- open-ocean zone
- The ___________ is a shallow area of ocean water that provides a habitat for many forms of life.
- near-shore zone
- Groups of living things and the environment they live in make up an ________ .
- A group of the same species living in the same place at the same time is a ___________ .
- A _________ is made up of all the populations that live in the same area.
- An environment that meets the needs of an organism is called its _______ .
- Part of a bird's _______, or role, in their habitat is to eat insects.
- Producers, consumers, and decomposers are all part of a ______ ________.
- food chain
- Green plants are ________ because they make their own food.
- ______ eat other living things for energy.
- ________ feed on the wastes of plants and animals or on dead bodies.
- A _____ ______ shows how food chains are connected.
- food web
- The _______ in an area is the average weather over a long time.
- A rain forest has a great ______ (variety) of plants and animals.
- What is salinity?
- amount of salt in the water
- A ______ is a group of parts that work together as a unit.
- Over time the changes in a system cancel each other out. This is called ________ . This keeps the system balanced.
You must Login or Register to add cards