Glossary of 49-65 of Words You Absolutely, Positively Have to Know
Other Decks By This User
- to go down in value
- to tear down, destroy, raze
- to criticize, denounce, condemn. To put someone or something down.
- wretched, awful, miserable
- to exhaust. When the supply of something is depleted it goes down.
- feeling very down, discouraged
- a big disaster, things really go down the tubes, a fiasco.
ie, second term of the Bush administration.
- belittling, saying unfavorable things about someone
- to go down in the sense of being empty, lacking content, as the play was utterly devoid of value and meaning
- lacking conviction
- lacking clarity
- trivial and trifling
- lacking importance, lacking significance.
- lazy, lackadaisical and therefore lacking ambition
- rash and impulsive
- impetuous and therefore lacking in restraint, lacking forethought
- dull, bland, and thus lacking in taste, insipid
- transient, ephemeral, and evanescent
- brief and therefore lacking in permanence
- ordinary and therefore lacking in distinction
You must Login or Register to add cards