Glossary of 47 2Corinthians
Other Decks By This User
- II Corinthians 1
- Father of mercies and God of all comfort....' Paul's thanksgiving and start of message concerning his ministry.
- II Corinthians 2
- Paul's appeal to reaffirm their love to man in I Cor. 5 who has repented. Christ causes us to triumph in our ministry as a sweet fragrance -- an aroma from life to life for believers, but an aroma from to death to death to those unsaved.
- II Corinthians 3
- 'You are our LETTER...' Ministry based on the NEW COVENANT of the Spirit not the letter. 'Not that we are adequate...' 'Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is LIBERTY. But we all with unveiled face beholding as in a MIRROR the glory of the Lord...'
- II Corinthians 4
- 'the god of this world has BLINDED THE MINDS of the unbelieving..' 'We have this TREASURE in EARTHEN VESSELS...' 'We are afflicted in every way BUT NOT...' 'For MOMENTARY LIGHT AFFLICTION is producing for us....'
- II Corinthians 5
- 'If the earthly TENT which is our house is torn down, we have a BUILDING from God.' 'The love of Christ CONTROLS us...' 'Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a NEW CREATURE...' 'We are AMBASSADORS for Christ...'
- II Corinthians 6
- Give NO OFFENSE in the ministry. 'But in everything commending ourselves as SERVANTS OF GOD, in, in, in, in by, by...' Do not be BOUND TOGETHER with UNBELIEVERS. 'Come out from their midst and be SEPARATE...'
- II Corinthians 7
- Corinthians' response to Paul's letter. Sorrow according to the will of God (repentance) vs. the sorrow of the world (death).
- II Corinthians 8-9
- SECTION: GIVING
- II Corinthians 10
- Paul answers his accusers regarding his writing and preaching. 'We are destroying SPECULATIONS and every LOFTY THING...taking every thought CAPTIVE to the obedience of Christ.' 'We are not BOLD to CLASS or COMPARE OURSELVES...'
- II Corinthians 11
- Paul's unwilling boasting. The listing of his hardships endured -- labors, imprisonments, shipwrecked, dangers, rods, stoned....'
- II Corinthians 12
- Paul's VISIONS and REVELATIONS support his apostleship. 'I know a man in Christ, who 14 years ago...' His THORN IN THE FLESH. His concern not to be a BURDEN to any of them.
- II Corinthians 13
- Paul's warning to examine yourself. 'Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith...' 'Finally brethren rejoice, be made complete, be comforted, be like-minded, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.'
- II Corinthians 1-7
- SECTION: Paul's explanation of his ministry.
- II Corinthians 10-13
- SECTION: Paul's vindication of his apostleship.
You must Login or Register to add cards