Glossary of 44 Acts
Other Decks By This User
- Acts 1
- Post-Resurrection Ministry of Jesus, ASCENSION, Appointment of an Apostle.
- Acts 2
- PENTECOST - Coming of the Holy Spirit, First sermon of Peter during which 3000 were saved.
- Acts 3
- Healing of the LAME MAN who asked for silver at the BEAUTIFUL GATE. Peter's SECOND sermon.
- Acts 4
- PETER & JOHN JAILED. Power of the Holy Spirit displayed as well as generosity between believers.
- Acts 5
- ANANIAS & SAPPHIRA. Mighty miracles are performed. Apostles imprisoned and miraculously released. GAMALIEL's Counsel.
- Acts 6
- DEACONS appointed
- Acts 7
- STEPHEN's address and martyrdom.
- Acts 8
- SAUL persecutes the Church. PHILIP preaches in Samaria. Conversion of ETHIOPIAN EUNUCH.
- Acts 9
- SAUL'S CONVERSION, and start of preaching in Damascus. Peter's ministry in Lydia, DORCAS
- Acts 10
- Peter with CORNELIUS and the great sheet dream. GENTILES CONVERTED through Peter's preaching, and speaking in tongues.
- Acts 11
- Peter defends his ministry. New name: CHRISTIANS, Church at Antioch.
- Acts 12
- Herod kills JAMES. Peter imprisoned and miraculously escapes. Death of HEROD.
- Acts 13
- Barnabas and Paul sent on FIRST MISSIONARY JOURNEY to Cyprus, Antioch, Iconium.
- Acts 14
- Paul stoned and left for dead. Lame man healed. Paul and Barnabas thought to be gods.
- Acts 15
- COUNCIL AT JERUSALEM regarding Gentiles keeping the law. James speaks. Start of SECOND MISSIONARY JOURNEY, with contention over JOHN MARK.
- Acts 16
- Paul goes to Macedonia, LYDIA is converted. Spirit of divination is cast out from girl. Paul and Silas Imprisoned and released through EARTHQUAKE. PHILIPPIAN JAILER converted.
- Acts 17
- Paul goes to Thessalonica and Berea. Paul at Athens gives his SERMON ON MARS HILL - 'to the unknown god.'
- Acts 18
- Paul stays in Corinth 1.5 years with Aquila and Priscilla. THIRD MISSIONARY JOURNEY. Apollos teaches boldly; is instructed further by A&P.
- Acts 19
- Paul at EPHESUS performs miracles. DEMETRIUS causes uproar.
- Acts 20
- EUTYCHUS falls from the window while Paul preached. Paul's FAREWELL to Ephesus elders.
- Acts 21
- PAUL goes to Jerusalem and is ARRESTED.
- Acts 22
- Paul's defense before the MOB IN JERUSALEM. He a Roman citizen!
- Acts 23
- Paul's defense before the SANHEDRIN. Jews scheme to kill him, but the info leadked out.
- Acts 24
- Paul is tried before FELIX.
- Acts 25
- Paul before FESTUS. King Agrippa's curiosity aroused and Paul comes before Him as well.
- Acts 26
- Paul is tried before AGRIPPA, who is 'almost persuaded.
- Acts 27
- Paul's in SHIPWRECK on way to Rome.
- Acts 28
- Paul arrives in MALTA where Paul is bitten by the viper and heals many, then on to ROME.
You must Login or Register to add cards