Glossary of 3. Foods and Energy Fields
Other Decks By This User
- What is the "energy field" of food?
- The vitality (life-force) of the food. We receive nourishment from the food AND from the energy field of the food. Fresh, quality foods have better life force than canned/frozen foods.
- What factors influence the vitality of foods? (7)
- Fragmentation (refinement)
- How do cooking methods impact on the vibration and qualities of food? (6)
- *The way we feel influences the food we choose and the way we cook it.
* Aim for simple foods, simple preparation and a rainbow of vegetables
* Cooking adds warmth
* To add moisture - steam, water saute
* To add dryness - grill, oven bake
* To add energy - stirfry
* To harmonise and calm - slowcook
* For lightness - little or no salt
* For concentrated energy - salt and oil, cooked quickly over high heat (stirfrying)
- Why is regular use of a microwave not recommended?
- 1) Vibrations alter food's molecular structure
2) loss of 60-90% of the vital energy of the food
- What is normal blood pH?
- How are foods classified acid or alkaline?
- Classified according to their effects on the body, their metabolic residue.
- What proportion of the diet should acid foods represent?
- 20% (80% should be alkaline)
- Name some alkaline foods
- Most fruits and veg
almonds, brazil nuts
- Name some acid foods
- meat (including fish)
most cereals and grains
raw tomatoes (alkaline if cooked)
- What are buffers?
- Foods that are either acid or alkaline, depending on their mineral content.
* soy products inc tofu
* raw dairy (not avail in Aus)
- Is any food neutral (ie, not acid, not alkaline?)
- What happens if your diet is not 80:20 alkaline:acid?
- Your body will try to clear the excess acid/alkaline via your kidneys, skin and mucous membranes.
- What are the principle benefits of food combining?
- * The best for digestion is to eat only one food at a meal. If you are eating more than one food, there are "rules" for combining foods to allow easiest and best digestion.
*An elaborate diet encourages overindulgence and puts stress on our digestive systems (to produce different enzymes simultaneously)
- Name some poor food combinations
- Protein + starch (carbs)
Fruit with anything
Milk with anything
- Name some good food cominations
- Vegetables with proteins
Vegetables with starches
Starches with fats
You must Login or Register to add cards