Glossary of 12th grade english final
Other Decks By This User
- the use of many conjunctions
- the omission of conjunctions
- repetitiom of last word of one clause at the begining of the following clause
- an inverted relationship between the syntactic elements of parallel phrases
"to stop too fearful, and too faint to go"
- similarity in structure in a pair or series of words, phrases, or clauses
- the comparison of contrasting ideas, often in parrel structure.
- a part stands for the whole
"all hands on deck"
- repition of the same word or group of words at the begining of successive clauses
- repitition of the same word or group of words at the ends of successive clauses
- noun changed to a verb
- the deliberate omission of a word or words which are implied by the context
You must Login or Register to add cards