Glossary of 11 General orders of a Sentry 2
Other Decks By This User
- General Order 1
- To take charge of this post and all government property in view.
- General Order 2
- To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert, and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
- General Order 3
- To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
- General Order 4
- To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guard house than my own.
- General Order 5
- To quit my post only when properly relieved.
- General Order 6
- To receive, obey and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Command Duty Officer, Officer of the Deck, and Officers and Petty Officers of the Watch only.
- General Order 7
- To talk to no one except in the line of duty.
- General Order 8
- To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
- General Order 9
- To call the Officer of the Deck in any case not covered by instructions.
- General Order 10
- To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.
- General Order 11
- To be especially watchful at night, and, during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.
You must Login or Register to add cards