Glossary of 11 General Orders of a Sentry (Navy Version)
Other Decks By This User
- First General Order
- Take charge of this post and all government property in view.
- Second General Order
- Walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
- Third General Order
- Report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
- Fourth General Order
- Repeat all calls more distant from the Guardhouse than my own.
- Fifth General Order
- Quit my post only when properly relieved.
- Sixth General Order
- Receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry that relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Command Duty Officer, Officer of the Deck, and Officers and Non-Commissioned Officers of the watch only.
- Seventh General Order
- Talk to no one except in the line of duty.
- Eigth General Order
- Give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
- Ninth General Order
- Call the Officer of the Deck in any case not covered by instructions.
- Tenth General Order
- Salute all officer and standards and colors not cased.
- Eleventh General Order
- Be especially watchful at night and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.
You must Login or Register to add cards