Glossary of 11 General Orders of a Sentry
Other Decks By This User
- 1st General Order
- To take charge of this post and all government property in view.
- 2nd General Order
- To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert, and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
- 3rd General Order
- To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
- 4th General Order
- To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own.
- 5th General Order
- To quit my post only when properly relieved.
- 6th General Order
- To receive, obay, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me all orders from the Commanding Officer, Commanding Duty Officer, Officer of the Deck, and the Officers and Petty Offciers of the Watch.
- 7th General Order
- To talk to no one except in the line of duty.
- 8th General Oder
- To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
- 9th General Order
- To call the Officer of the Deck in any case not covered by instructions.
- 10th General Order
- To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.
- 11th General Order
- To be especially watchful at night, and when the times comes for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.
You must Login or Register to add cards