Glossary of 11 GENERAL ORDERS OF THE SENTRY
Other Decks By This User
- How many General Orders of the Sentry are there?
- Eleven (11)
- 1st General Order of the Sentry
- TAKE CHARGE of this post and all government property in view
- 2nd General Order of the Sentry
- WALK MY POST in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
- 3rd General Order of the Sentry
- TO REPORT all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
- 4th General Order of the Sentry
- TO REPEAT ALL CALLS [from posts]more distant from the guardhouse than my own.
- 5th General Order of the Sentry
- QUIT MY POST only when properly relieved.
- 6th General Order of the Sentry
- TO RECEIVE, OBEY, and PASS ON to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Officer of the Day, Officers, and Non-Commissioned Officers of the guard only.
- 7th General Order of the Sentry
- TALK TO NO ONE except in the line of duty.
- 8th General Order of the Sentry
- GIVE THE ALARM in case of fire or disorder.
- 9th General Order of the Sentry
- TO CALL THE CORPORAL of the Guard in any case not covered by instructions.
- 10th General Order of the Sentry
- SALUTE ALL officers and all colors and standards not cased.
- 11th General Order of the Sentry
- BE ESPECIALLY WATCHFUL at night and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority
- What are General Orders?
- Definition: (DOD) 1. Permanent instructions, issued in order form, that apply to all members of a command, as compared with special orders, which affect only individuals or small groups. General orders are usually concerned with matters of policy or administration. 2. A series of permanent guard orders that govern the duties of a sentry on post.
You must Login or Register to add cards