Glossary of 08 1 Samuel
Other Decks By This User
- 1 Samuel 1
- Hannah and Samuel's birth.
- 1 Samuel 3
- God speaks to Samuel
- 1 Samuel 5
- Philistines get the Ark, and tumors and mice break out in their land.
- 1 Samuel 6
- Philistines return ark to Israel, and more than 50,000 Israelites die from looking into it.
- 1 Samuel 7
- Israel returns to the Lord, and defeats the Philistines. Samuel sets up the Ebenezer stone.
- 1 Samuel 8
- Israel wants a king, so God chooses Saul. Samuel anoints him as king.
- 1 Samuel 13
- War with Philistines, Saul wrongly offers the burnt offering.
- 1 Samuel 14
- Jonathan, Saul's son, single-handedly strikes the garrison of the Philistines. He is almost put to death by Saul, for eating honey after Saul had pronounced a curse on anyone who ate food during that day.
- 1 Samuel 15
- Saul defeats the Amalekites, but instead of destroying them utterly, he sins by saves the king and the best of the livestock to "offer to the Lord".
- 1 Samuel 16
- David is chosen by God as the king in Saul's place.
- 1 Samuel 17
- David and Goliath.
- 1 Samuel 18
- David is highly esteemed in Israel, and Saul is angered and starts to seek his life.
- 1 Samuel 19
- Saul tries to kill David several different times. Finally he tries to kill him while he is staying with Samuel, but all his messengers and eventually Saul himself end up only prophesying.
- 1 Samuel 20
- Jonathan warns David of his father's intentions by shooting arrows into field.
- 1 Samuel 21
- David eats consecrated bread and also pretends to be mad, to escape his enemies.
- 1 Samuel 24
- David saves Saul's life the first time while he was sleeping in the cave.
- 1 Samuel 25
- Samuel Dies, and David marries Abigail.
- 1 Samuel 26
- David saves Saul's life the second time, while he is sleeping in the camp.
- 1 Samuel 30
- David rescues his wives and family who were taken away during a raid of the Amalekites.
- 1 Samuel 31
- Philistines kill Saul.
You must Login or Register to add cards