Glossary of $cIeNcEe
Other Decks By This User
- What is the international system of units and its abbreviation?
- It is the metric system of measurements and a way for all scientist to communicate world wide. (SI)
- What are the 7 types of scientists and what do they do?
- 1. Marine Biologist- study organisms that live in the ocean
2. Emergency Medical Technician- provide medical attention for the people who need it
3. Veterinarian- doctors for animals
4. Physical Therapist- help people regain their strength
5. Physician- examine people and diagnoses illnesses
6. Botanist- study plants
7. Park Ranger- take care of parks
- What does an organic compound always contain?
- What is the main difference between active and passive transport?
- active- needs energy (moves from an area of lower to higher concentration)
passive- doesn't need energy (moves from an area of higher concentration to lower)
- What do plants froduce after getting energy form the sun?
- oxygen and sugar
- inept to make their own food
- Can make their own food
- Raw materials in resperation is the same as what in photosynthsis?
- the end products
- When does lactic acid fermentation occur?
- when oxygen is low
- What do punnet squares show?
- all possable offspring combinations
- What do chromasomes carry?
- genes from pqarent to offspring
- When a virus invades a cell, what takes over the cells function?
- genetic material
- What is the job of vasscular tissue in plants?
- transports substances from one part to the other
- where do autotrophics get energy to make food?
- The sun
- How did the first cell survive?
- used chemicals in its surrounding for energy
- Why is it important for cells to have water?
- most chemical reactions occur in water
- Why does photosynthsis need sunlight?
- to make food and to get energy
- production of energy by a cell without oxygen
- different form of a gene
- likelyhood an event will occur
- CHROMASOME THRORY OF INHERITANCE
- when genes are carried form parent to offspring on chromasomes
- GENETIC CODE
- Order of nitrogyn bases along a gene (ATGC)
- ***What does the order of the bases along a gene determine?***
- the order of the amino acids put together to form a protien
- BIONOMICAL NOMENCLATTER
- Lenneau's way of classifying organisms. (today we include a species history)
- What do organisms that shair a revolutionary history also shair?
- a common ancestor
- The diffusion of water molecules through a selectively permeable membrane.
- The process by which molecules move from an area in which they are highly concentrated to an area in which they are less concentrated.
- SELECITIVLY PERMIABLE
- allows only certian materials to cross it
- what is the cell membrane and where is it located?
- protects the cell; located right above the cell wall (or in an animal cells case- located surrounding the cell)
- SCIENTIFIC DATA
- The facts, figures, and other evidence gathered through observation.
You must Login or Register to add cards