Glossary of questions for ch 25
Other Decks By This User
- Which of the following enzymes acts in the stomach?
b. lingual lipase
- lingual lipase
- Which of the following enzymes does not digest any nutrients?
b. lingual lipase
- Which of the following is not an enzyme?
- The substance in question 3 that is not an enzyme is
a. a zymogen
b. a nutrient
c. an emulsifier
d. a neurotransmitter
e. a hormone
- a hormone
- The lacteals absorb
c. emulsification droplets
d. amino acids
- All of the following contribute to the absorptive surface area of the small intestine except
a. its length
b. the brush border
d. circular folds
- Which of the following is a periodontal tissue?
a. the gingiva
b. the enamel
c. the cementum
d. the pulp
e. the dentin
- the gingiva
- The______of the stomach most closely resemble the_______of the small intestine.
a. gastric pits, intestinal crypts
b. pyloric glands, intestinal crypts
c. rugae, peyer patches
d. parietal cells, goblet cells
e. gastric glan
- gastric pits, intestinal crypts
- Which of the following cells secrete digestive enzymes?
a. chief cells
b. mucous neck cells
c. parietal cells
d. goblet cells
e. enteroendocrine cells
- chief cells
- What phase of gastric regulation includes inhibition by the enterogastric reflex?
a. the intestinal phase
b. the gastric phase
c. the buccal phase
d. the cephalic phase
e. the pharyngo-esophageal phase
- the intestinal phase
- Cusps are a feature of the______surfaces of the molars and premolars.
- The acidity of the stomach deactivates_______but activates_____of the saliva.
- amylase, lypase
- The_____salivary gland is named for its proximity to the ear.
- The submucosal and myenteric nerve plexuses collectively constitute the______nervous system.
- Nervous stimulation of gastrointestinal activity is mediated mainly through the parasympathetic fibers of the _______nerves.
- Food in the stomach causes G cells to secrete______which in turn stimulates the secretion of HCl and pepsinogen.
- Hepatic macrophages occur in blood-filled spaces of the liver called_____.
- The brush border enzyme that finishes the job of starch digestion, producing glucose, is called______. Its substrate is________.
- maltase, maltose.
- Fats are transported in the lymph and blood in the form of droplets called________.
- Within the absorptive cells of the small intestine, ferritin binds the nutrient_____.
- T/F Fat is not digested until it reaches the duodenum.
- False, Fat digestion begins in stomach.
- T/F A tooth is composed mostly of enamel.
- False, Most of the tooth is dentin.
- T/F Hepatocytes secrete bile into the hepatic sinusoids.
- False, hepatocytes secrete bile into the bile canaliculi.
- T/F Cholecystokinin stimulates the release of bile into the duodenum.
- T/F Peristalsis is controlled by the myenteric nerve plexus.
- T/F Pepsinogen, trypsinogen, and procarboxypeptidase are enzymatically inactive zymogens.
- T/F The absorption of dietary iron depends on intrinsic factor.
- False, Intrinsic factor is involved with absorption of Vitamin B12.
- T/F Filling of the stomach stimulates contractions of the colon.
- T/F The duodenum secretes a hormone that inhibits contractions of the stomach.
- T/F Tight junctions of the small intestine prevent anything from leaking between the epithelial cells.
- False, Water, glucose and other nutrients pass inbetween cells through tight junctions.
You must Login or Register to add cards