Glossary of protein synthesis inhibitors yay
Created by Cassandra
- name the four steps of protein synthesis
amino acid incorporation
peptide bond formation
- which drugs act at which steps in protein synthesis?
- aminoglycosides block initiation
tetracyclines block aa incorporation
cloramphenicol blocks peptide bond formation
macrolides and clindamycin block translocation
- major side effects of aminoglycosides include
- ototoxicity and nephrotoxicity
- weird se of aminoglycosides is
- neuromuscular blockade
- streptomycin is used for what kinds of infections?
- TB, bubonic plague, and tularemia.
- aminoglycosides cover which organisms?
- G- aerobic rods
- neomycin is used how?
- topically; it is too toxic for systemic use
You must Login or Register to add cards