Glossary of latin ch 29
Created by mhenry
- fatum, i, n.
- fate; death
- ingenium, ii, n.
- nature, innate talent
- moenia, moenium, n. pl.
- walls of a city
- nata, ae, f.
- osculum, i, n.
- sidus, sideris, n.
- constellation, star
- dignus, a, um
- +abl - worthy of, worthy
- durus, a, um
- hard, harsh, rough, stern, unfeeling, hardy, difficult
- tantus, a, um
- so large, so great, of such a size
- adv. at last, finally, lastly
- so, thus
- postpositive adv. indeed, certainly, at least, even
- adv so, thus
- veroadv. so, to such a degree
as it were, as if, so to speak
- adv. in truth, indeed, to be sure, however
- condo, condere, condidi, conditum
- to put together or into, store; found, establish
- contendo, contendere, contendi, contentum
- to strive, struggle, contend; hasten
- mollio, mollire, mollivi, mollitum
- to soften; make calm or less hostile
- pugno, pugnare, pugnavi, pugnatum
- to fight
- respondeo, respondere, respondi, responsum
- to answer
- surgo, surgere, surrexi, surrectum
- to get up, arise
You must Login or Register to add cards