Glossary of govt chapter 13
Other Decks By This User
- When Dwight Eisenhower sent federal troops into little rock in 1957 this demonstrated what?
- the president can make unilateral use of the emergency powers to protect states against domestic disorder
- All of the following have been uses of the president's power of amnesty or pardon except what?
- George washingtons amnesty to all americans who fought for the british during the war for independence
- The _____ is the informal designation for the heads of the major federal govt?
- The goal of War powers resolution was to ?
- limit the power of the president to committ american troops to military action without authorization from congress
- public opinion is generally favorable of a president's foreign policy decisions, especially during a crisis
- the line item veto was declared unconsstitutional by the supreme court
- the pres. doesnt have constitutional authority to use military troops domestically
- what is requd for the congress to overide a presidential veto
- two thirds vote of both house and congress
- the pres. ability to make many important appointments in the executive branch is the power of ?
- _____ is the claim that the electorate has given the winner of a presidentail election a special authority to carry out his/her plans
- the power to declare war is given to whom under the constitution?
- both houses of Congress
- the white house staff currently consists of approximately a dozen advisers and policy analysts to the president
- the first lady is an important resource for the president in his capacity as
- head of state
- when the pres. infers powers from the "rights, duties, and obligations" of the presidency, these are called
- inherent powers
- the pres. has the power to appoint all of the following with approval of senate except
- the vice pres
- a sitting pres who loses or isnt eligible for reelection
- a lame duck
- the rise in presidential power since the new deal is largely due to the delegation of powers from congress
- the group of advisers and analysts to the president are called
- white house staff
- the office of the presidency was established by ________ of the constitution
- Article 2
- what is the general tendency of a presidents popularity
- usually start off popular and decline over the next four years
You must Login or Register to add cards