Glossary of child syc final 9-10
Created by xjf228x
- Piaget's preoperation stage spans from __ to __ yrs
- 2 to 7
- childrens make believe play with others is known as?
- sociodramatic play
- piaget disscussed things that kids could not do such as their inability to ___ and ___
- conserve and sentrate
- the understanding that certain physical characteristics of objects remains the same even with their outward appearance changes
- the tendency to focus on one aspect of a situation neglecting other important features
- piagets preoperational stage dealt with what kids cant do, and prelogic. as well as what 3 things?
- egocentric- thinking is from one perspective.
perception bound- what they see is what they believe
cant conserve- to get out of this stage is the conservation of volume
- the organization of objects into classes and subclasses on the basis of similarities and differences
- hierarchical classification
- syncretic reasoning vs transduction reasoning
- syncretic reasoning: problems in maintaining a set of standards, focus on color of the toy instead of type of toy (birds in sky, all things in sky r birds"
transductive: 1 event to another event (People who eat spaghetti become Italian, I eat spaghetti,Therefore, I will become Italian)
- viagotsky's social culture theory deals with__?
- this type of speech is when kids talk to themselves, directing own attention to help the thinking process
- inner speech
- this type of speech is when a child realizes their thinking is different from other peoples
- private speech
- self directed speech that children use to plan and guide their own behavior
- private speech
- the idea of discovery learning was promoted by __ and ___
- vigotsky and piaget
- vigostky founded which type of learning?
- the principle stating that the last # in a counting sequence indicates the quantity of items in the set
- cardinality principle
- feature of social interaction that promotes the transfer of cognitive process to children
- the ability to tell stimulus is the same as or similar to one they have seen b4
- remembering in the absence of perceptual support, much poorer in children there cognitive
- the two types of play
- nonsocial and social
- reinforcement for good behavior in the form of approval affection and other rewards, but is not enough for children to acquire moral responses
- operant conditioning
- 3 alternatives to punishment
taking (setting up communication)
removal of privileges (tv,toys,etc)
- what % of programs contains violent acts?
- two types of aggression are?
- instrumental and hostile
- ___ aggression is when a child aims at obtaining an object, privilege or space with no deliberate intent to harm another person
- __ aggression is intended to harm another person
- 3 types of hostile aggression include?
- physical, verbal and relational
- __aggression harms others through physical injury- pushing kicking punching or destroying other property
- physical aggression
- ___ aggression harms others through threats of physical aggression, name-calling or hostile training
- ___ aggression damages anothers peer relationships through social exclusion, gossip, or friendship manipulation
- in child programs ___ violent acts are committed per hr
- 4 types of child rearing styles?
- authoritive, authoritarian, permissive, and uninvolved
- this type of child rearing style is the most effective, it involves high acceptance and involvement, adaptive control techniques, and appropriate autonomy granting
- this type of child rearing style is (old school) low in acceptance and involvment, high in coercive control, and low in autonomy granting. these children are low in self esteem, get frustrated with anger, and are dependent
- this type of child rearing is warm and excepting, but uninvolved. parents make little effort to control their children's behavior. the child will become rebellious, disobedient, demanding and dependent on adults
- this type of child rearing style combines low acceptance and involvement with control and general indifference to autonomy granting. parents are depressed and ditached and have little time and energy for their children
You must Login or Register to add cards